Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The Adventure Begins!

It's that time already! I'm at the airport getting ready to board my first flight of many on the voyage to Kenya. I am so excited to be heading back and seeing everyone in Kenya. This trip should be very different, hopefully we will be able to diagnose more people with hemophilia so they can receive some better care but most importantly I hope we can train several Kenyan lab workers to continue the efforts while we are gone.

This trip will also be my first as a board member of Save One Life. We have been given the go ahead to enroll new beneficiaries so hopefully this will make a huge difference in their lives.

There is something very unique about meeting people with hemophilia around the world. Despite living worlds away there is a connection. I don't know if it's because we all know the pain of bleeds or it's something else but it's always great meeting one of my "blood" brothers.

I'm not sure when I will be able to post again but please check back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment