Monday, March 14, 2011

Revisting Self-Infusion

So, the last week has been a very interesting one with many up's and downs. As you probably so from my last post I had some difficulties infusing myself. I'm not sure exactly what happened but I lost most of my confidence in infusing myself. Instead of struggling, the next time I infused I decided to visit with the nurses at the Hemophilia Treatment Center. Going back to basics was exactly what I needed! It's not that I forgot how to infuse, but breaking everything down again really helps relieve the pressure. I was getting so anxious about missing my vein or blowing the vein that all that I could do. With the help of the great nurses at the Hemophilia Center here in Denver I was able to relax, focus, and succeed. Training for Kilimanjaro is back on track and I am really looking forward to this adventure without the fear of not being able to infuse on the mountain! Wish me luck and I will keep you posted about the journey ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment