Monday, March 21, 2011

Kilimanjaro Update!


So it is now official! I will be climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro, Africa's tallest peak! Our climb dates are set for May 29th - June 4th! I am so excited to experience this epic journey and hope everything goes well! We will be climbing the Machame route which is also known as the "Whiskey route". Its the second most popular route and should be an incredible journey. The picture on the left is one of the upper campsites on this route. I am also excited that my uncle Dave will also be coming with me. He is very experienced mountaineer and makes me feel even more confident about this trip. I am still training for my trip and now that it is almost completely set in stone I am starting to realize that I really need to step it up. I will keep you all updated on this and other events coming up such as my mountain biking trip to Moab!

No comments:

Post a Comment