Saturday, January 28, 2012

Beautiful day at Keystone, not a beautiful day skiing

Things were looking bright this morning as we headed for the slopes. The sun was shining, we made first chair but as soon as I skied of the lift, things took a turn for the worst.

I had recently taken my skis into a Denver shop for a full tune and wax except they forgot to do one important thing...wax my left ski! Needless to say, skiing with one nice ski and one acting as an anchor was no fun! I made it down safely but not so gracefully and headed straight to a ski shop. Problem solved.

I took it easy for a few runs and helped a friend learn to ski, then headed to my favorite run Bachelor and it's moguls! I thought my bleed from earlier in the week was completely healed but after some aggressive turns I knew something was wrong. My day was done.

Although things didn't work out how I planned, any day on the slopes beats any day at work! We will see how things feel tomorrow...and hopefully ride Vail!

No comments:

Post a Comment