Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Rough Weekend

This past weekend was a rough one.  I headed up to the mountains for work late on Thursday night.   Thursday is my prophy day and despite several reminders on my phone I completely forgot to infuse until about 30 minutes before my work shift.  I was in a hurry and of course, it didn't go well.  Not sure what the issue was but I missed twice.  Being desperate and running out of time before work I decided to try for a huge vein on my right arm which meant infusing left handed.  I haven't tried left handed since college but I nailed it!  I was hoping that was the end of the issues for the weekend but early Saturday morning, I abruptly and unintentionally dismounted my snowmobile.  I smacked my thigh and shin on the handlebars of the sled.  I felt okay initially but as the adernaline of the minor crash wore off, I knew I had a few bleeds.  Worked finished up and I immediately reinfused but the damage was done.  I had to skip training the rest of the weekend and even missed work.  I'm feeling much better now despite some nice bruising and being a little sore.  I'm heading back up to the mountains to work again this Thursday night and hopefully I'll be able to stay on the sled.  Training will resume and hopefully there won't be any set backs.  Once again, check out the donation page for my climb if you can.  Despite my minor incident and bleeds, I have it good.  Others with hemophilia really need your help!  Thanks for following my blog and keep checking back for more updates!

Click here for the climb donation page!

No comments:

Post a Comment